Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Incredible Sulk

You'll never know when that "beast" inside will come out.
We try our best to live our lives the best we can but at times, things do get out of control.

I'm sure we are familiar with the real Hulk( Dr. Bruce Banner), who tries to avoid situations in his life that will make him change into that green beast. Don't you think we are like that sometimes? We tend to run away from situations/tasks/ responsibilities/commitments that are risky and may bring out that other side of us. However, we cannot run from these things forever, right?


Lately, the incredible sulk inside of me came out quite often. In times like these, I kind of lose sense or hope or purpose. It's weird. Many things I've planned this year have gone off track. The same old tests came, one after another.

I felt really disappointed as it is not just one thing that went wrong but it seems so many things came crumbling down. If you ask me, I may tell you 1 or 2 things but it's just really hard to tell others the situation you are in sometimes.
At times, I do realize that I've still got a lot to learn as "overconfidence" may have taken over.
I also recall lack of discipline or planning or even bad attitude/habits.
I observed that the same attribute being tested in all these problems is: PATIENCE

Thank God for a unexpected encouragement from a friend whom I have not chat with for a long time, who gave me the verse below:

Hebrews 10:35-36
35 So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! 36 Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.

Seriously, there is no point in doing anything good or right or to be patient if there is no God. 


I end with this quote by Joyce Meyer: 'Patience is not the ability to wait but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting.'

 

1 comments:

免費a片下載 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator. January 2, 2019 at 7:02 AM

Post a Comment