Friday, June 15, 2012

Questions Christians should ask themselves

I recently went to a church camp and the speaker asked us 4 questions.

1) How long have you been a Christian?
2) When were you baptized in water?
3) When were baptized in the Holy Spirit?
4) How many lives have you personally led to Christ?

For me, Question 4 is the one which makes me feel guilty. I won't say how many I have led to Christ (perhaps the number is too small) . I believe there are times we do play a part by planting seeds.
Leading people to Christ is not to be taken as some kind of "sales target" or to be done to ease the guilt within.
Do we really think that these people need Jesus?

I don't want to judge but I feel many Christians have taken things too lightly (including me).
It seems our goals are just the same as the world.
-what's the next gadget to own?
-who will i date?
-who will I marry?
-how can i make my wedding grand?
-will i progress in my career?
-when can i buy a house? next car? next smart phone?
-can I get good grades to have a "brighter" future?
-what's the next drama or movie to watch?
-where's the best place to go for a holiday?
-what the next entertainment?

The above a just a few examples of our selfish ambitions.

Do we ask these questions?
-will i be able to help those in need?
-what about the poor security guard, toilet washer, Indonesian maid, foreign workers?
-does this person need a friend?
-will I share the gospel with someone this year?
-do i want to just want to live for me,myself and I?
-do i just go to church and other church activities?
-do I really serve or feel that it's enough that I've done my part?
-am I too comfortable now?

Aren't we saved for good works? We do not do good works to be saved.

Sometimes I feel that many of us feel that we are doing ok because we are serving in church and we attend church or read the bible, etc.
I think what's more important is that we bear fruits. But are we?

Faith without works is dead!


0 comments:

Post a Comment