Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Giving Feedback?


Note: This isn't about a restaurant :P - Hidden Meaning - Isi Tersirat - An analogy

You go to a restaurant and have some comments about the environment and more importantly, how the food tastes. Comments about improvement and addition.
You tell the people who work there.
They say they appreciate your comments.They don't see why they should change and they are doing well.
The impression you get is as if this was the reply " If you think you are so smart, come and work here lah" Or "Mind your own business"

The issue here is: I can't possibly walk in and make a change just like that. Yes, they have worked hard but improvements can be made.
I find people don't really like to receive feedback although they ask for it. (Or seem to encourage it).
So, people end up keeping quiet....shhhh. That's my concern.

Sounds familiar? Haha. I personally have gone through 2 different scenarios this year.

Note: I dare not say that I am in the right and my feedback should be taken seriously. I have so much more to learn in terms of getting the message across and taking action, instead of just using words :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment