Monday, March 21, 2022

Seek and Wait

Isaiah 40:31(Amplified Bible)

But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him]
Will gain new strength and renew their power;
They will lift up their wings [and rise up close to God] like eagles [rising toward the sun];
They will run and not become weary,
They will walk and not grow tired
.

Wait, wait, wait. Many many times in my life, I got tired of waiting. Waiting to finally get a better job, waiting to get married 😆(lol), waiting to finally have a nice holiday, waiting to have "work life balance". The list goes on.

Something was missing. I've been waiting for the things I wanted or still want. I was not waiting for Him. I was not seeking Him. (Jer 29:13).

Sure, I was checking off some items in the list of spiritual things to do:
1) Go to church (online service)
2) Read bible (yes, not everyday)
3) Attend Homes (CG)
4) Serve (play guitar)
But, these were just surface level stuff. I knew I had not gone deeper in a long time.

Most of the time, I was waiting for the right time to spend more time with God. I remember using this excuse all the time "God, I'm too tired, how can i enjoy your Word now? Maybe tomorrow". There was always a show/movie to watch. There was always something else to do. Work was always not done well enough or could not be finished on time. (yes, many days were really really beyond my control)

I was not able to wait in silence. I lost the ability to wait and listen.
To cut the long story short, this month March 2022, I wanted a comeback from my setbacks. I wanted to get spiritually fit again. I had to learn to listen and abide in Jesus. Just like physical muscles can't be trained in just one month, I know there's a long way to go. So much discipline is needed to just sit with the bible and pray, journal, etc etc. Disciplne to do and not do (topic for another day).

1 Corinthians 9:27 (New Living Translation)
I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.

Side story: Again, I visited FGA. I have to give glory to God for speaking through His Word in such a convicting manner. What's even better, I will immediately message(or vice versa) a good friend of mine who also heard the same sermon.We would be amazed how God has been speaking in alignment with what we have been discussing over these few weeks.

Let's also share songs which spoke to you that week :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment