Sunday, December 12, 2010

the tooth fairy

I somehow stumbled upon this movie and watched it...(obviously)...and i'm blogging bout it coz i have some thoughts...The storyline is at the end of the page if you haven't seen it..

From the movie, I realised I've given up or taken many things lightly...
I've forgotten to dream...(and to add spirituality in), I've forgotten about having faith like a little child.

Fairies aren't real...but God is...somehow I know...but I still "forget". In other words, I do live my life as if God is not looking and only come to Him if there is a need.

Like in the movie, we can end up feeling condemned or really disappointed with life, with dreams,....with God. We messed up or life messed us up and we end up living like zombies or we ignore the right way to live.

I've been pushed so many times to edges where i really want to give up. Sometimes, it's not that it is painful, but, it's "easier" to live without God. It doesn't happen all the time..it's part of our journey...

As much as i don't want to spoil my reputation, I have to admit, it's been really hard to pray and read the bible...it's been hard to love..it's been hard to be generous...it's been hard to do the "right things".

One part which is really important, is that the main character finally let go of his pride and began to love, things became better.
In my life, there are similarities. I have to finally choose to let go of my pride and surrender to God.

In the end, there is only one way. (linkin park may say that it doesn't even matter...)
May we all find the truth. Indeed, the tooth hurts.






The storyline: Derek Thompson is 'The Tooth Fairy,' a hard-charging minor league hockey player whose nickname comes from his habit of separating opposing players from their bicuspids. When Derek discourages a youngster's hopes, he's sentenced to one week's hard labor as a real tooth fairy, complete with the requisite tutu, wings and magic wand. At first, Derek "can't handle the tooth" - bumbling and stumbling as he tries to furtively wing his way through strangers' homes...doing what tooth fairies do. But as Derek slowly adapts to his new position, he begins to rediscover his own forgotten dreams Written by 20th Century Fox 

0 comments:

Post a Comment